Last week my brother, girlfriend, friend and I all headed to Southern Utah for a break from the Tahoe shoulder season. Danny, Tamara, Kevin (respectively) all loaded up into Kevin’s Jeep to head down and enjoy Utah’s finest.
The only plan we had was that the first night was going to be spent in Las Vegas catching up with some friends visiting from New Hampshire. Needless to say there are no photos from that night. After that it was onto Utah.
Our itinaray was as follows:
1) Las Vegas
2) Zion National Park – Angels Landing
3) Zion National Park – Narrows Top Down
4) Zion National Park – Narrows Top Down
5) Recover and head to Bryce
6) Queens Garden trail in Bryce Canyon and relocate to Escalante Attempted Zebra Slot – it was flooded.
7) Spooky and Peek-A-Boo slot canyons in Escalante then relocate to Lake Powell for Camping
8) Drive Home
Just prior to this trip I purchased a Canon 5D Mark III. This was my first run with it. I only brought 2 lenses with me. The Canon 50mm 1.4 and the 16-35mm 2.8. I had used the 16-35mm before and liked how it looked on a full frame sensor. Just prior to the trip I sold my 50mm 1.2 for the 50mm 1.4. At a $1,000 difference in price I was very happy with my $400 version of the lens.